Tuesday, March 11, 2014

March 11, 2014 Clothespins and Pumpkin Cheesecake Pie

Today spring is here.  I don't know if it will stick around for long.  Spring is slowly clawing its way in while winter is reluctantly being dragged out.  Lots of noticeable signs of spring outside.  Along the roadside I saw the first bluebonnets blooming.  I expect a nice year for them since the winter was so long and cold.  They are flowers of adversity.  I will try to get some pictures of them.  The grass is also turning green everywhere.

Other signs of spring I noticed is how much squalor I'm living in.  This week we are working harder than usual at cleaning things out and sprucing things up.

I had to spend my morning at the Vet's office.  We keep our dogs on tie out lines so they can't run amok in the neighborhood.  Unfortunately another dog was loose and attacked our dear old Onslo.  We heard the fight right away and Onslo ended up with 2 bites.  It makes me sad because he was on a tie out line so he could not have provoked the other dog and he also had no way to escape the attack.  This is also why they are only on tie out lines when we are home.  The vet said he would be alright and sent us home with antibiotics and pain medicine.  



Today I took my basket of brand new clothespins and hung out my first official laundry of Spring.


I started working on creating decorative eggs for a nest I have. 


I think they'll look nicer with some blue coloring in the shells.


I'm not sure if I like the two on the left.  They turned more green than blue.  I'm happy with the natural spots.  I thought I might have to create speckles myself with some brown paint.


 I saw a recipe for this pie today.  The recipe came from From This Kitchen Table.  It was in a recipe exchange from Little House Living.  I've found a lot of good recipes this way lately.


It turned out very good.  It tasted so yummy, too.  I used pumpkin Rowan grew and Jace canned last summer.  Really easy to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment