Sunday, March 23, 2014

China Hutch Makeover Part 2

Welcome back!  When I left off the hutch had been painted and finished.  Now it was time to put new hardware or leave the old.


This is the original hardware.  There were also two round knobs for the doors which I decided to paint.


This is very close to my original vision.  Two little round things were nagging at me.


These are the original knobs.  They just wouldn't do.


I found these knobs at Hobby Lobby.  I love that they look like crackled glass.  Now my vision was fulfilled.


I have turned my attention to decorating a little bit.  I've had several good ideas from the recent Spring link up parties.


A white platter from a GW store.


A white pitcher with a very authentic crack and bright pink carnations.


A lovely card a friend made for me.


A miniature tea set Jace bought for me before we were married.


A figurine I had bought for my mother when I was a little girl.  Behind is a platter I recently bought at an estate sale.


 A real bird nest, which I'll describe in another post and eggs I colored.


I think yellow is so cheerful in Spring.  I put yellow roses and daisies in a milk pail with a yellow ribbon.  Organic lemons in a tureen from a consignment shop.  A citrus scented candle with a lace collar I crocheted myself.


A new accomplishment in my gardening.  Tulips I grew.  Quite pretty with the two colors.  I will have more solid colored tulips soon. The greenery is fennel which grows very well all winter.  It gives off a light lemon/licorice scent.


After all the hard work, Rowan helped set some things up for tea.


Within a day things around the hutch were already changing.  I hope you'll return to see the future changes.

All around the house we are making remodeling/redecorating changes.  Jace has been bitten by the chalk paint bug and is addicted!  He's taken a real interest and I think understands the style I'm going for.

The garden posts will start popping up very soon.  My planting date is March 25th.  I didn't want to risk planting anything on the 20th.  We always get a last spot of bad weather.  Wouldn't you know it, today and tomorrow will be cold, rainy, and windy.  Not a great start for new plants.  I am looking forward to this season of all things new.

I'm sharing this post with:
Seasonal Sundays #195 at The Tablescaper
Twirl and Take a Bow at Deja Vue Designs

6 comments:

  1. Great job! Love all of your spring touches.

    Thanks for being a part of Seasonal Sundays.

    By the way, you may increase your number of comments if you turn OFF the verification.

    - Alma, The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I wasn't aware verification was on. I have fixed it :)

      Delete
  2. So creative! Love the pitcher with flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job on your hutch! It turned out brilliant! I love your vignettes too! Thanks for sharing! ~Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by. I appreciate your input.

      Delete